Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog Fail continued

For all those wondering, it gets cold here in Germany.  And it snows.  It's been snowing on and off since Sunday night and it hasn't broken 30 degrees yet.  Did I mention winter was here?  He ain't packin' up any time soon by the looks of it.

Last week was my first week back in Germany and it just couldn't wait to get started.  Seven guys from the US, all Netzsch regional sales managers, came to Germany last week for pump training.  Guess who was in charge of most of the training.  The American.  Lucky for me, we all speak English.  American English at least.  We went through assembly, disassembly, competitor analysis and a few application visits to a biogas facility (farm) a wastewater treatment plant and a paper mill.  All went well except with this one guy.  He wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders.  When you ask too many dumb questions people start wondering if you belong here.  I have strong doubts about this guy.  Moving on though.  The best part about colleagues coming to visit is going out to eat.  I ate out for lunch and dinner every day that week.  Lucky for me because I didn't have any food in the house when I got back from my break in the US.  I ate damn good that week and all on the company's wallet.  All for the sake of entertaining our guests.  I was too busy chatting up the waitress, but that's beside the point.

We ended the week on Friday by going out to dinner in Munich.  Our development team and all the Americans made for a grand total of 13.  First came the biers, then came the schnapps.  Then dinner.  Schnapps first.  I snagged one of the bottles that they came in, each one containing exactly two shots.



It's not expensive or anything like that, but it's got a nifty top that you can close back up, as if you were going to save your second shot for some reason.  I've seen it beer bottles before, both here and back in the States.  Nothing new, but still pretty cool on a single-serve schnapps bottle.  After dinner a bunch of the guys decided to go find a club.  I tagged along with the crew that opted to turn in early since I had to be up, and functionable, for a soccer match the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment