Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Incandescent Rebellion!

I came home and turned the lights on in my apartment today to witness another bulb burst into light bulb shrapnel.  The only lights in my living room are the overhead lights which have, had, 4 bulbs.  I'm down to one.  When the first one blew out I thought psssh, there's still 3 left.  Missing one bulb isn't going to kill me.  A few months later the second one blew out.  Mother fucker.  Whatever, it doesn't need to be that bright in here.  I've got a skylight window anyway.  Today the fourth one shattered into a million pieces of light bulb shrapnel when I hit the switch and scared the shit out of me.  One bulb ain't gonna cut it.  It's dark.  But there is still hope.  There lies the untapped resource of the overhead stove light.  At 18 inches long and 72 inches high (yes, that is 6 feet, thanks for doing the math) is a fluorescent to rescue me from the dark.  That thing by the way, works like a champ.  I can almost turn off the overhead lights and just run on the stove light.  Almost.  That wouldn't do anything about the two light bulbs that blew out in my bedroom.  Otherwise I'd probably put off buying light bulbs until the stove light eventually went out.  I'll probably end up buying a box of CFL's this weekend, or perhaps tomorrow after work if I'm feeling really ambitious.



A few days ago I decided to give this blog a facelift.  Before now I was using a template that someone made.  With those things your creativity is kinda limited to picking from a pool of pictures and swapping some color schemes around.  It kinda felt like borrowing a hoody from somone and telling all your friends it's yours.  Since I'm not a programmer or web designer, I'm kinda stuck with those templates.  What you can do though is upload your own picture.  So I got creative with powerpoint and paint and came up with the header that's now at the top of the page.  My pixelated work of art is far from perfect but it's my p.o.s. and I'm diggin' it for now.  Eventually I'll get crafty with my camera and make a more stylish background with my own hardware.  Until then enjoy the pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment