Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time's a wasting!

When the hell am I going to start training? Or writing on this blog? Or go somewhere exciting?  Time's a wasting. I'm living in Germany and I have yet to ski in the Alps.  Or climb.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I got comfortable, that's what.  Lazy is more like it.  I've started to settle for whatever was put in front of me instead of going after the things I wanted.  It's about time to put that hat back in the closet, or burn it, and put my game face back on.  I've got marathon training to do!

I've been extremely lucky with meeting such an awesome group of friends.  They showed zero hesitation in adopting a crazy American into their crew (what were they thinking?!).  I'll never forget the kindness they've shown me since the day I arrived.  But they are some lazy ass Germans!  I thought everyone would be an athletic phenomena.  So much for that idea.  No one (in my group of friends here) has the slightest desire to get outside and DO something.  OK so one of my friends is really into mountain biking but he's been playing the "it's too cold" card since early November.  Fine, it's cold.  Now pull on a pair of spandex and let's ride dammit!

It's not fair to put all the blame on my friends.  I'm generally pretty active and rarely depend on anyone else to join me.  I almost always run by myself and when I can't find a climbing partner I take no shame in going to the gym for a boulder session.  So why haven't I done that here?  Because I'm full of excuses.  No running partner, no climbing partner, no car, too cold, raining, blah blah blah.  I let myself get lazy and get away with it.  Well I've just put a stop to that.  I forced myself to man up and go for a run every day this week; except yesterday but I did core training instead.  Gotta keep those abs looking nice.  I haven't done any climbing yet but past weekend my hangboard finally came in.  All I need to do now is build a stand and get it mounted.  And hope I don't step on any nails in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment